Monday, August 07, 2006

Trip to Fresno

As promised... my first teeth picture! You may have to squint a little bit but count them... TWO on the bottom!
I've had a really busy week since my last entry. Tuesday, the Stachowicz Lab had a farewell party for Pamela (Sweetie, great dogsitter and Technician extraordinare) in conjunction with a celebration of Randall's birthday. There was a ton of fantastic food, including a particularly tasty version of shrimp and grits a la Jay.
Thursday I had another vist to Dr. Cunningham for my check-up. At seven months I now weigh 17lbs 11.5oz, am 27 1/4 " long, and have an 18" head circumference. After my immunizations I was pretty unhappy for the next 12 hours or so with a little fever, which went away by Fri. afternoon.













Friday, we went to Fresno so we could see Diane before she moved to Vermont! We also got to spend some time with Becky, Casey, Susan and Nolan. I had to take off fairly quickly after brunch 'cause I had skipped my nap earlier and needed a snoozer.














After brunch with the gals, we headed to Tulare to visit with Great-Grandma Mary and Great-Grandpa Jerry. After hanging out on their laps for a while I scooted all over their living room and showed how far I can really "crawl" (if you generously define that word). After heading home and hanging out with Grandma Terri and Grandpa Tom for a while we all headed to the Mochizuki's house for a barbeque. It was so much fun to hang out with every one but pshew... by the end of the day I was pooped!
We took it much easier on Sunday... just had a leisurely breakfast at the Grandfolks house. I played with Grandma and Grandpa while Mom and Dad ran some errands around town.














When they got home I went for my first swim in the spa. Okay, I didn't take to it like a fish... the water was a bit chilly, but I got the hang of it after I got used to it. Splashing was kind-of fun, but it was nicer just to put my feet in and watch Mom and Dad trying to show me how much fun it could be.
Actually, my favorite part was rinsing off in the shower with Dad afterwards... much warmer than the spa!
On our way home on Sunday, we stopped to visit Great-Auntie Gigi and G'Uncle Dudley for dinner. We had a nice time playing with them and catching up. We made it home around 10 pm and I kept mom and dad up a little longer, since I got to nap during most of our car trip, but was still pretty tuckered out and slept very well.

1 comment:

Caden said...

Looking at Owen's blog gives me lots of ideas about what to look forward to in a few months...spas, showers, and teeth, oh my!