Sunday, September 24, 2006

It's been a long week!

Yet another busy week! We started out on Tuesday with a trip to SF to visit with Derek Masaki. We mostly hung out at the Metreon where we got to ride my first Merry-go-round, watch iceskaters, play video games with my feet, and see how Derek has been. He totally cracks me up and we had a really nice time.

This weekend was very busy... I went on my first camping trip up in Lake Mendocino for Dad's fishing tournament (Bendo at Mendo II). Camping went really well. I loved being outside, but especially loved the tent (all of those cool walls and it was filled with soft things for me to use as an obstacle course). After camping on Friday night, and seeing the fishers off on Saturday morning... Grandma Terri and Grandpa Tom came up for a visit. We had a picnic lunch then left Dad to catch really big fish and headed to Healdsburg to walk around for a little bit. That afternoon we got news that Dad had not only caught a big fish... he caught the biggest fish and won the tournament. Yay Dad!

We had a fantastic dinner at a new place in Occidental, Bistro de Copins (very yummy, I helped G'ma out on her shortribs and mashed potatoes) and had a lazy morning on Sunday. Mom and I ran into the Bodega after everyone took off in the afternoon. To finish off the weekend, we had good chinese take-out with Kristen, Randall and David. It was nice to see everyone and we enjoyed the good company.


Sadly, we received news that my Great-grandma Jean passed away after a long struggle against cancer. I am so glad and feel so lucky that we met a few weeks ago when we went for a visit. We had such a nice time together, she will be deeply missed.

No comments: