Monday, October 09, 2006

The ZOO!


This weekend, while Dad was in Colorado for a meeting, Mommy, Scooter and I went to Fresno to hang with Grandma Terri and Grandpa Tom. It was an okay drive out to Fresno, I didn't particularly enjoy the sun in my eyes for a bit of the drive near Los Banos, but otherwise, it was uneventful. Saturday, Mom got some work done in the morning and early afternoon while I played with Grandma and Grandpa and showed them how I can clap now. Later, we went to the Fresno Zoo, which I really enjoyed! We went to a great Bird Show where I could follow the birds fly all around our heads, the birds could do some pretty cool tricks as well! My absolute favorite were the Giraffes which I thought were really crazy! All in all a great afternoon.
We spent the evenings at the McGann's house where we had dinner with lots of family friends (Kris & Peter McGann and Jim & Nancy VanVolkinburg). I ate lots of great chicken and cruised all around the living room.
Sunday, we had a nice breakfast then Great-Grandpa Jerry and Great-Grandma Mary came over for lunch with us! I always love seeing them. On our way home we stopped by G'Auntie Geralyne and G'Uncle Mark's house and also got to visit with Erin, Adrianne, Toni and Mike. The grown-ups enjoyed some yummy pasteries and I enjoyed tearing apart their National Geographic Magazine.

When we arrived home, Mommy ran inside to get a message from Randall that their baby boy James was born Sunday evening. We visited the happy family today, Randall and David look fantastic and James is the most adorable and sweet baby... he only cried after my mom held him, but otherwise was awake and looking all around. Here are some of James' first published pictures!

No comments: