Sunday, November 26, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, it's been a big week as I enter my first Holiday season... I got to spend a few evenings with James' family, including his grandfolk. In fact, they helped Mom and Dad kick off crab season with a feast of Chili crab. On Wednesday Daddy went crabing with his friend Lief and Lief's dad...They each brought home 10 crabs... so we were set to feast on Thanksgiving! Afterwards, we headed to Fresno to hang with Grandma Terri and Grandpa Tom. The drive went smoothly. Thursday was my first Thanksgiving... and it was fantastic. We went to Great-Grandma Mary and Great-Grandpa Jerry's house for a feast with the lots of my aunties, uncles and cousins. I enjoyed the turkey the most, but also thought mom's first attempt at Randall's corn stuff was good as well as some of that pumpkin pie Daddy shared with me.

Our next big meal of the day was the crab and some langoustinos that Uncle Geary brought. I didn't partake in the shellfish just yet, but managed to eat plenty of the left-overs. It was so fun to see my Great-Grandparents, my Auntie Geralyne, Uncle Mark and Cousins Adrianne, Erin, Toni and Mike as well as my Great Uncles Steve, Andy and Geary. I even got to spend a little bit of time with Great Auntie Jun, Eric and Sarah. It was lots of fun, and I got tons of attention and food mmm...

Friday, we started a new family tradition in honor of my Great-Grandma Jean. She used to send the Norwegian cookie, Krumkake, around the holidays. We got a recipe from her sister, my Great-great Aunt Harriet and Grandma found an iron so Mom, Uncle Ry and Grandpa set to making them Friday morning. They tasted pretty authentic and tasty to me! It was my first cookie, may as well make it a good one! Afterwards, Grandma and Mommy faced black Friday at the mall, they said it wasn't too bad, no lines in the stores they went into.

Saturday, was a rough start... I visited Santa... now this should have been a fairly exciting time for me, but I was a little tired and barely stopped crying long enough for them to snap a picture, and really couldn't tell Santa what a good boy I had been all year. Mom ran into Ky and his wife, a friend from college who lives in LV... who would have figured on running into them in Fresno? Afterwards, I took a quick nap, Mom went to Becky's wedding shower, and Daddy, Grandma, Grandpa and I went to play at the park. I had a great time on the swings and the slides. Later that evening I got to enjoy Tapas with everyone... my favorite was some yam empanadas and some coconut lime pork. Grandma and Grandpa babysat while Mom and Dad went to see Casino Royale. I only gave them a little bit of a hard time, but they fed me lots and lots, so eventually I settled down for a good sleep.

Headed home (with Scooter:) today... it was a long drive, but I slept most of the way. As a progress report... I got two more teeth this weekend. A new top tooth and a bottom lateral. Grandpa gave me a quick check-up... he put on his funny glasses that make his eyes huge... the picture below shows what he saw. I am getting better at eating with a spoon, especially if Mommy puts the food in the spoon for me. The shovel motion to the mouth is now accompanied by a big Yum! and a proud grin. I also can play a little catch. I'm really good at throwing and only sort-of get the idea of catching, but I try and do really well with a little bit of help.

No comments: