Monday, February 19, 2007

A red letter week

Double fun this week... Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Chinese New Year!
Fun fun fun... On Tuesday, we had Pizza with Matt, Cascade and Caden. It was fun to play with Caden and the busy ball bopper, and to show off all of my new mobility.
Valentine's Day was nice. Daddy cooked a fantastic dinner of roast duck, wild rice and beans... I particularly loved the wild rice. Folks at daycare gave me valentines, which was super nice, and I got to try my hand at crafts for the first time. I helped Lisa make a valentine for Mommy and Alana helped me color. Our big faux-pas was forgetting to bring in valentines for every one else... so embarassing! Hopefully they'll give me a pass for my first v-day with the other kids.
Saturday was a fun pizza dinner with the Stachowicz lab at Randall, David and James's place to woo a prospective student. I did my best! Sunday, Mom was at work while Dad and I went went to a fishing show with Naoaki and Jim. We had a great time, I got to try kayaking! Even better, it was Chinese New Year... Gung Hay Fat Choy! I tried really hard to say it right... maybe next year. Anyhow, on our way home, we picked up some Chinese cuisine and celebrated a little with James and his folks. The food was pretty good but the company was great!
Man, I love pomelos! Today, I hung out with Dad again, I was supposed to catch the Tour of California bike race as it went through Occidental, but it sadly coincided with nap time. So we just played out on the deck a lot, since the weather was so nice. I've really taken to Mom's BML hat... I love wearing it, I think it looks cute!

No comments: