Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bzzzzz.....

We have enjoyed yet another busy busy week! Monday was a lovely farewell dinner for Caden, Matt and Cascade at Susan Williams' house. They take off for the east coast next week! I had a great time, even after I fell on my face (resulting in some good scabs later). My boo-boos were quickly soothed with a blueberry muffin. Blueberries make everything better. We enjoyed our Tuesday dinner with Caden, James and their families. The pizza was good, and we got to all play together and have a great time! Caden showed off of his walking skills on my car walker. He enjoyed it so much we asked him to take it home for a tune-up and a test-drive. Friday was the annual BMSA potluck and cooking contest. I love going to the lab. I got lots of attention, and played incessantly with an old volley-ball. There was tons of great food to be enjoyed, though as per usual, there was too much going on for me to set down for any amount of time to eat properly. My folks had to settle for sneaking in mouthfuls when I would infrequently pause. Cynthia (who can always make me smile) won the best-in-show with a fancy pizza. Saturday, we had a relatively mellow day. Mommy, Daddy and I went to Howarth park for some good play time. I am getting quite bold these days and have no problem climbing up rope ladders and swinging like a monkey from anything that I can reach.
After some play time, we walked around Spring Lake. After a lunch of Pho, I got a nap and when I woke up... I got a surprise! A haircut courtesy of Daddy! It was going pretty well until I got my sides done... they maybe a bit short, but I don't mind. Those buzzing trimmers are pretty interesting, though I didn't like the scissors much.
Today was pretty laid back. We hung around at home, I played my favorite game of making piles... on Daddy preferably. This evening we did get to attend a pool party at James' home. I really love the water, splashed, dunked and kicked! Afterwards it was fun to play with my buds while our folks hung out. Plus I got to see Gage, Suzanne, Keith, their friend Roxanne, Kristen... all sorts of groovy folks.

I am currently lovin' a few tunes, in particular "Happy Birthday" which I can sing along to and "Itsy Bitsy Spider" which I can do the hand signs on. Otherwise, I am still completely enamored with berries (we had to hit the blueberry farm again today), am really enjoying making piles with all of my toys, and have gotten much more interested in books lately and can sit still for several in a row! Favorites still include Baby Elmo, but I'm also liking the Shaggy Dog, Jamberry, and anything that has fuzz (like my Baby Animals book) or with a flip-up like my Peek-a-boo Zoo book.

No comments: