Monday, July 09, 2007


Like my new shiner?... that's what you get when you are fearless (and fall off of play equipment).

We have had a fun and eventful week. Enjoyed a great dinner on Tuesday at James, David and Randall's house with a ton of people... all of the Stachowicz lab folks out for the summer! Wednesday was the fourth, which remained pretty quiet for us. I still go to bed too early to really appreciate the fireworks displays. However, I did get to try out swimming again with James'. I'm getting the hang of the pool.

On Friday... it was my 18 month birthday! My folks picked me up from daycare only to discover my wicked black eye. I fell off of some play equipment and bonked myself pretty hard. All is well, I remain undeterred from incessantly climbing on all sorts of things I probably shouldn't. In fact, my folks found me in my highchair this week, all by myself! Eek (that's more Mom's words... lots of "eek!"... I think it's pretty cool). Anyhow, I got to look pretty cool for a little cookout and popsicle evening that we shared with James and Caden and their folks.
Saturday morning we took off to visit Grandma Terri and Grandpa Tom in Fresno! I slept almost all of the drive out there and we made it in record time. We had a nice and mellow Saturday, after we arrived. Lunch, playing in the spa, dinner... then Mom and Dad got to go see a movie while I took a long bath for Grandpa before they put me to bed. Sunday was pretty busy, but lots of fun. We started by heading to visit Great-Grandpa Jerry and Great-Grandma Mary. Uncle Steve also stopped by for a visit! I love visiting them, we got to check out some old pictures of Grandma and her brothers and sisters when they were my age! I also played in their back yard with the sprinkler.
We headed back to the Grandfolks' house where I settled in for a good long nap before heading over to the VanVolkinburg's house for a pool party... really it was an all around outdoor fun party. There were lots of friends with lots of kids there. Although I slept through the first few hours of the party, as soon as I got there, Daddy and I spent some time in the pool. I'm turning into quite the fish and am really comfortable and happy in the water. I pretty much skipped lunch then went strait to the sandbox... it got a little busy, but all of the kids were really sweet and played nice together. To top off all of the fun, they had a B-I-G waterslide in their backyard. I LOVED it! After trying it out a few times with Daddy, I climbed it all on my own then slid down... solo... a lot. I could climb up the ladder on my own. I was feeling pretty bold and was having a super great time.

I had such a great time, I didn't want to leave! By the time we all got back to Grandma and Grandpa's house we were pretty beat. Grandma and Mommy worked on a sewing project (like the romper they made me?) then we went to bed. What a great weekend!

Headed back home today... a pretty uneventful ride, but it's nice to be home! In addition to my climbing skills, I have a bunch of new teeth! My vocab is still a little garbled, but my folks think I have blueberry and blackberry and yumumummum!

I also want to say Happy Birthday to Kaylee!!! I had to miss the big -2- with her, but wish her the very very very best.

No comments: