Sunday, October 28, 2007

100... pshew!

Well, this is my big 100th blog post! I'll be darned. It's appropriate here to say thank-you to anyone who is following my weekly(-ish) milestones as I grow up... THANKS! It is also sort-of an appropriate transition as we wrap up things here in Sonoma county for our big move up to Portland! Sonoma county has really pulled out all of the stops this week weather-wise... and has made this past week a joy to be outside so we could do many of our favorite activities! This Tuesday we had a bittersweet last Tuesday night Pizza with James, Randall and David. Well, it was all fun... the pizza was yummy, David and Randall got us set up with the Zoo in Portland so I can continue to work on all of my animal names and noises and a nice book about a pup who ended up in Oregon too... I guess if the pups like it, I probably will too (thank you!). James and I played with my toys, worked on our musical skills with a sweet music set that was a gift from Kaylee and Clark, tacked David in the Kitchen and all in all had a grand time. Daddy and David finished up their fine Scotch (Arran) I'll miss these pizza nights, and my good pals. Wednesday we had a special party at Suzanne, Keith and Gage's house. It was so nice to be able to spend a lovely evening with so many wonderful friends... Suzanne, Keith, James, Randall, David, Jarrett, Lila-Rose, Suzi, Jim, Eileen, Jim H., Naoaki, Jess, Ellie and Emily. After Scooter wore out, I tried to play trucks with Gage... he wasn't too interested, but he was okay with a cuddle. I am talking a lot about trucks these days, there is some construction in Occidental, so I get to see a lot of them! Such a little boy.. it's all about dinosaurs, trucks and balls... all the time! Thursday James and I played in the park and went for a nice walk around Sebastopol. I showed James how to ride the whale, we had lots of fun! After lunch we had to bid James and Randall farewell in our trial separation... they had to head down to Santa Barbara for a few days. After my nap and some more packing... we grabbed Daddy and headed to our CSA to pick up our veggies... all of the birds were out, a bunch of turkeys chickens and geese! The turkey was particularly interested in me and kept fluffing up and gobbling. Friday was a packing day... though Mommy did get to stop by the wine bar one more time to ostensibly pick up some boxes but also for a nice evening on their deck and to say bye to Tammi. After she got home, we went to the last Occidental Farmers Market for the season... it was quite a big affair. Mommy, Daddy and I shared a hot chocolate and churros, some fresh apples and enjoyed a Taiko drumming performance.
Saturday was more packing... but it was such a nice day that that afternoon, Daddy and I joined Mommy to trap some crabs and then to enjoy the evening at Doran beach. I got to bring my truck and buckets. I love the beach!! I just sat right down and started filling my bucket and pushing my truck around. My folks had to get silly to encourage me to walk a bit with them. After fun at the beach we headed over to the Farmhouse to show off my monkey costume, check out their cool halloween decorations and say hi to Jim, Jess, Jenna, Naoaki and Ashley. Today, we spent the morning soaking up our bucolic life... after checking out the trucks in town, we ate a pumpkin scone at Wildflour, played with Suzanne and Sally, ran around their garden enjoying the end of the season's raspberries, saw Kirsten and Mark on their way back to Davis. We then crossed the street to moo at the cows grazing on the greening hills.
We blew the fluff from dandelions, chased a garden snake and soaked up some more sunshine before heading in to Sebastopol to the Farmers' market, where mom got some colorful wool and I watched some people dancing to some bluegrass. I headed home for lunch. Mommy enjoyed her primarily local lunch (wildflour pumpkin bread, bodega goat cheese, gravenstein apple juice and Tailor maid roasted coffee. Otherwise I took my nap and the folks did more packing! Our house is looking pretty spartan... our kitchen furniture has all been sold and most of our gear is in boxes... looks like we're really moving out soon, the adventure continues.

No comments: