Sunday, December 30, 2007

Merry Christmas to All!

I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was pretty special. On Christmas eve we went to Church and I got to sit up front for a lot of the service and put a star on the manger at the end of the Christmas story they told us. I was a little nervous, but knew I had a job to do, so ran up in the end and after the rush of the kids running all around me... found the perfect place for my star. Christmas morning... SANTA CAME! Really... I'm not sure how he worked the chimney and gas stove business, but he managed to visit, eat some cookies and leave us some treats! Santa left me a fish tank... It didn't have fish in it yet except for my plastic bath fish... I still thought it was very cool and just stared at it for quite a while saying "rock"...."fish".... "rock"... "fish". I got all sorts of other wonderful gifts: A few sets of new pajamas... that I had to try on immediately! Some cool toys in my stocking, an awesome fish hat that matched my sweat suit, a ball toboggan, loads of wonderful books (we've already read through all of them at least five times!), a basket ball hoop (but the weather needs to perk up before we do that one), a snow globe, and some crazy fishing lure launcher that mom and dad only let me play with for a few minutes before hiding it away... probably for themselves later. Anyhow, let me tell you, this was lots of fun! I also had fun talking to Grandma Terri, Grandpa Tom and Uncle Ry on the webcam. I showed off some of my toys and wished them a merry Christmas. We stayed in our jammies for most of the day. Took a break from present opening to make and eat some Norwegian pancakes, though I was too excited to eat more than a few bites. Soon after things were all opened, sometime just before my nap, it started to snow! We had a bona fide white Christmas! It was enough to play with for a bit, Daddy and I even made a few snow balls. I LOVED it! We had so much fun, Scooter was going a bit crazy too. All in all a good day... and late that night, while I was asleep... we had more visitors. Grandma and Grandpa Steves came for a Christmas visit! I was so happy to see them when I woke up. In addition to their wonderful smiling faces, they brought presents! We got Christmas all over again. I've been enjoying the indoor tent they gave me for Christmas soo much... In fact I use it more like a hamster ball rolling all over the living room. They also came with books from Aunt Tammi, Uncle Eddie and Great Aunt JoAnn and Great Uncle Rich. I also have a bit of a cold, so have been happiest sitting in the rocker reading all of these great books (over and over and over again). We had a fun day-after-christmas. The second most exciting part of the day (other than waking up to see my Grandfolks in the living room) was going to the fish store (this great'un called the Wet Spot) and picking out my new roomie. Meet "Owen's fish" that's what I call him. I love watching him swim and eat and he totally calms me down when I'm feeling a little under the weather. "Owen's fish" is very interesting and soothing. A little later that week, the Grandfolks took a bus, a streetcar, a train and a car up to Marysville, WA to visit their friend over night. When they got back on Friday night, we got a bunch of crab for a great crab dinner. Those crab tanks are pretty cool, especially watching the guy reach right in and grab a few big'uns for us. We followed our crab feast up with a dim sum breakfast the next morning. I love watching all of the carts and people go around and I think Grandma and Grandpa Steves thought the food was pretty good too (it was their first Dim Sum experience). When we got home, I drove Scooter around for a bit before taking my nap. The rest of the weekend we spent a lot of time playing in that tent, but also got to enjoy a few nice afternoons riding my bike around.Turns out it's a major present season. In addition to two christmas mornings... I also enjoyed an early birthday. Grandma and Grandpa Steves got me some leggos and a big digger truck. We played and played with those toys. My favorite is getting them to build things and I'd run them down with the digger truck, or dump the leggos on the floor after we pick them up. Grandma Steves and I also made playdough at home.... in yellow, my favorite color. We had lots of fun making shapes and smushing them! Today, we made some pancakes (yum). During my nap, mom had the bright idea for Daddy and Grandma and Grandpa Steves to walk down to Woodstock (not quite a mile away) and check out the German Sausage place, Otto's, that they had been eyeing since they got there. It was sunny when they left, the sausages were good, but it was raining then snowing on their way back. The group returned drenched and chilly. After their coats had dried out a bit, Mom, Dad, Grandpa Steves and I went out to Hawthorne St for a walk around and to pick up some fresh pasta from pastaworks for dinner. We played when I got back, read lots of books and ended our really nice visit with some time in the tent and with leggos. I've been a little cranky with the cold and all, but rallied for some play time, some books and a kiss goodnight. They take off late tonight and I am sure to miss them tons! I hit another milestone the past few weeks. I've started using the potty! We're not canceling the diaper service yet... but after holding me on the big toilet for a week, they finally went out and got me my own little potty. Modesty prevents us from posting any adequate pictures, but let me tell you... we're pretty excited!

No comments: