Sunday, February 24, 2008

Incessant laughter

I'm getting goofier by the day as exhibited by my fearless, wild, maniac, testing you, silly, unpredictable, dancing, funny faced laughter.

Both Mommy and Daddy had Monday off, so we joined Joaquin, Alice, a new friend Kai and their families at the pool for a fun swim. I'm quite a fish! I couldn't wait to get to get in the water... and once there boldly and repeatedly held my breath and dunked my own head under water. I splashed everyone lots, though the folks tried to rein me in around the babies. Joaquin's folks, however were fair game.I had a wonderful week at daycare (no biting) and Mom suspects there is a little girl with a crush on me. Every time Mom drops me off or picks me up, she is there riding the coattails of Mom's request for a hug and a kiss with "Owen, I want a hug/kiss too" which I nonchalantly give. Friday we had another fun art group with Sophia and Harmony... finger prints with food coloring on some paper towels. Finger prints turned into hand prints... and I still have some blue and green under my nails. The towels look pretty though... and we all had a lot of fun! We had so much fun on Monday that Daddy and I headed back with the gang o' kids and had more fun swimming again! (thanks Cat for the pic!) This time I went to the fountains and kind of floated on my back too! I have been loving my bike too! I have been borrowing Daddy's climbing helmet (xxl mens helmet padded with a couple of my hats)... Mom and Dad keep talking about getting me one that actually fits, but I love this one.

Today, Daddy finally got to go fishing!! I think he had a good time, he caught three big fish (they were sturgeon so he let them go) . So Mommy and I had a good day together. I spent a lot of it testing my limits a bit ... asking for then refusing some eggs, not taking a nap etc...(mommy is tired!). But most of our day was at the zoo! We had a great time... and I was so well behaved and walked the whole thing myself. My mission was to see a giraffe, but in the end I loved the meerkats and riding the tractor the best. Though when I did see the giraffe (around noon) I pulled my sandwich out of the diaper bag, and when mom suggested we find a place to sit down and eat it... I just sat right down to eat it! There are lots of good places to get a good close up peek at the animals, I saw lots of monkeys and a pair of hippos playing with a big hippo apple flavored Popsicle! I was also impressed by the pocket picking goat that ate the map right out of Mommy's pocket.

I am still sleeping well in my big-boy bed! It takes a bit longer for the folks to get me down for the night, but once I'm in... I have been sleeping through the night and waking up spunky in the morning! I actually scared Mom the other morning when she was coming in to wake me up and I just Popped right up... with a big goofy grin and was raring to go!

No comments: