Sunday, June 29, 2008

Grandma Terri!!!

I sure had a lucky week! Grandma Terri came out for a visit! She and I really bonded this week and I miss her so much now that she has taken the airplane back to Grandpa Tom. We kept pretty busy. I got a treat when she came to daycare to pick me up early on Wednesday. I just got up from nap, walked right over to her and took her hand and let Mom and Dad get my stuff together as we took off. That evening Grandma and I made foccacia bread to eat with our ravioli dinner... I learned how to knead bread and get it stuck all over my hands! The bread was yummy!! Thursday, we spent all day together while Mom and Dad were at work! We walked into Woodstock and back in the morning and in the afternoon we went shoe shopping (I got some cool new sneakers!) while Mom got a new haircut. We had a yummy dinner at the Farm where I managed to eat almost all of Grandma Terri's trout. We got home in time for Grandma and I to spend some more quality time so Mom and Dad could go out to see the new Indiana Jones movie. Friday we went on a day trip up the Columbia River Gorge to see the fish hatchery and Bonneville dam. The hatchery was very cool... I got to feed some rainbow trout and see a HUGE sturgeon named Herman. At the dam we got to see fish go past windows and be counted as they went up the fish ladder... some huge salmon and some lampreys were highlights. The weather was really really nice. On the way home we stopped at burgerville for lunch because Mom was starving... I barely ate my chicken but really went to town on the ice cream cone Grandma got me for dessert! I napped really well and played in the kiddy pool in our backyard with Daddy while Grandma and Mom did some shopping. Saturday, Grandma did her very best to spoil me silly with loads of sugary treats! Actually, it's Mom's fault...she just wanted to hit their favorite spots in the Nob Hill area, most were bakeries or chocolate shops (well, I liked the pig sculpture)... so I got lots of yummy treats... Cannele at Ken's artesian bakery, a chocolate at Moonstruck and a little cupcake at Saint Cupcake! I was kind of buzzed and didn't really take a nap that afternoon. In an effort to wind down, we went to the Farmer's Market for lunch then dropped Grandma Terri off at the airport to go back to her home. As Grandma left, the head came in strong and it was a really hot afternoon that we just spent inside playing with my backhoe (my newest obsession... a toy backhoe) and drawing with some neat pens from the VanVolkinburgs. Sunday was another fun day trip to Astoria where it was notably cooler than at home. We started with lunch on the beach at Fort Stevens State Park, then met up with Ray, Val, LiFong and my favorite little buddy Joaquin! Dad went to help them seine for Val's project and we tagged along just so we could hit another beach! This one was much wetter, but I managed to dig a fair number of holes and got to watch them seine. I couldn't figure out how this resembled "fishing" since it didn't involve a kayak or poles, but I did get to see some fish! We shared a nice dinner with them in Astoria before heading home through a summer lightening storm. Pshew I'm pooped!

I've really started chatting and telling lots of stories about my day and some that I've made up myself! I've taken to Bob the builder, about the only show that Mom and Dad let me watch... I now ask myself while playing with my toy backhoe..."can you dig it?... YES I CAN!!!"

No comments: