Sunday, July 27, 2008

mmmmm BLUEBERRIES!!!

Woo Hoo...Mommy came back this Thursday. Pshew... I think it was getting a little long for both of us. Since Mom was visiting our old stomping grounds, she got to visit with lots of friends and family. She also brought me back all sorts of treats, including a bread bear from Wildflour bakery... my favorite! I immediately ate the head and all of his buttons, and loved every bite! I'm also getting going with some trainer chopsticks from Auntie Donna. I'm such a lucky boy. I was so happy Mommy was home, that I asked her to fix my jumper she made me last year so I could wear it! It still is pretty cute on :) I wore it to art with Harmony and Sophia where we played with fun flubber rubber dough. On Saturday, we went to "Tour de Coops" where we got to go and see all of our neighbors' chickens and their coops. Some were pretty darned fancy! I loved seeing all of the chickens, and mom and dad had fun getting ideas to improve our coop! After my nap, we went to Alice's first birthday! Dan and Robyn shared their tonka trucks with me, which was the best, well, next to the yummy cupcakes! Happy first birthday Alice! She sure was nice about sharing her toys and I had a great time in their yard and playhouse. Today was also loads of fun. I got to spend the whole day with my pal Joaquin and his folks. Val and Joaquin joined us for a pancake breakfast in the morning before we headed out for some blueberry picking! I ate a lot.... really, a whole lot, and had a whole lot of fun too. I again, maintained an empty bucket, eating anything that went into my bucket, and much of what was in Val and Mom's bucket as well. It was hard to keep ahead of Joaquin and my eating, so in the end we each walked out with a mere half bucket, but it will do for several batches of blueberry muffins, so I'm happy! Joaquin and I had a lot of fun playing in the grass between the rows, I also tried picking directly... with my mouth. We were pretty tuckered out at the end of the morning... After our nap, we met up with Ray and Daddy at the Oregon Brewers' Festival. The grown-ups got to enjoy some great beers; Joaquin and I enjoyed the music! Pshew, what a big day! What a fun weekend! It's nice everyone is home together for a bit.

No comments: