Sunday, August 31, 2008

Family Fun in Fresno!

This week we went for a visit to Fresno! We have had so much fun visiting with all of the family and friends. However to just back up a day or so... Daddy took a ditch day with me so we could play at home (and get the AC fixed) then spend the afternoon with T-bug, Joaquin, Sophia and a hundred other kids and Captian Bogg and Salty, (a kid's pirate band). I had a ton of fun with everyone and liked pirate music (ARRRRR!!!). video Our trip to Fresno the next day started out well with a big bus, train, plane and car ride from PDX to Fresno. I was really well behaved and actually thought I was flying the plane by pushing the seat back button for most of the way. I loved the plane. Grandma Terri picked us up at the airport in Sacramento and soon after we finally made it to her house, Uncle Ry and Grandpa Tom came home. We headed over to the VanVolkinburgs for dinner and more importantly a swim in their pool. Man it's hot out here! I spent all evening playing in the pool with Daddy, Uncle Ryan, Morgan and Andrew and even Mom and both Grandma and Grandpa too! I continue to show no fear in the water and kept insisting that I should jump in "by myself" ... yeah right, not yet. Morgan and Andrew were tireless retrievers of all things that I would throw in the water video(which is much more than I can say for the adults)... we had fun. We also got to celebrate Daddy's birthday with the Vans and McGanns, so that was lovely as well. Friday I was in for a treat, my first official office visit with Grandpa Tom. I checked out pretty well, though have a few stains (Mom still blames all of the blueberries I eat). The folks got a lesson on brushing me and I did great! We had lunch at a yummy Japanese restaurant and then went home to nap. After I got up we played with water squirters in the backyard until everyone was soaked. Later that evening Auntie Donna, Uncle John and Jenna joined us for a great dinner, and continued spoiling me rotton with attention and cool toys (these remote controlled backhoe and dumptruck). I love them and have them follow me around like I"m walking the dog.
Saturday we got to head to Tulare! Talk about being showered with attention. I got to visit my Great Grandpa Jerry, Great Grandma Mary, G'Auntie Geralyne, G'Uncles Mark, Steve, Andy and Geary as well as my G'Auntie Jun, and just awesome cousins Jordan, Brittany, Eric and Sara (Pshew, see what I mean by lots of attention and family!). We had a great day, as usual eating until we were silly. We had some yummy belgium waffles for lunch and a great dinner that included pasta (my favorite) and a fig salad that Mom thought was dreamy. I love hanging out with my family, it's such a valuable and special time. We even got to go to my Uncles' store and pick up some icecream (talk about special!).

Today we took things a little easier. We went to see the farm animals at CSUF. I almost got cowlicked! There were some stinky pink piggies and a cool horse who came right up to talk with us and we got to feed him carrots. It was a Hackney Horse, an endangered horse breed, so that was a pretty rare experience. After my nap, I woke up to find Nolan, Susan and Becky over for a visit! We spent the afternoon playing in the back yard, enjoying a relatively temperate day and lots of leggos and trucks. Grandpa Tom and I tried to recreate a picture of G'pa he had taken when he was only a bit older than me... pretty cute!

No comments: