Sunday, November 09, 2008

Happy Halloween in New York


Believe it or not, I still haven't caught up on reporting about my vacation back east. After visiting family in Michigan and friends in Vermont we headed over to Upstate New York to visit more family.

The first thing I did was to take Grandpa fishing. He doesn't have a kayak so we took Grandpa's big boat out instead.

Grandpa's big boat is so much faster than Dad's kayak. I really think Dad needs to get one of these, we spend a lot of time in the kayak paddling and not fishing. Anyway, the fishing was pretty good and I managed to catch the first and biggest fish of the day.

Later that day after a post-fishing nap we headed over to the farm stand to pick out a pumpkin.

The farm stand even had a cool pirate ship to play on and I ran around on it yelling good pirate sayings like "shiver me timbers".

Finally, after picking out the perfect pumpkin we set out on my very first trick or treating adventure.



It took me a little while to figure things out, but as far as I can tell you dress up and people give you candy. Not a bad deal. Now if only Mom and Dad would let me eat all the Candy.


The next morning Mom and Dad took me to Dad's old elementary school to play and burn off some of that Halloween sugar.

Dad said that the playground was nothing like he remembered. That's too bad because I thought it was pretty fun.


On Sunday we had an early Thanksgiving dinner with my Grandparents, my Aunt Tami and Uncle Eddie, my Great-aunt JoAnn and Great-uncle Rich and my Great-grandma Steves.


I ate a lot, but more importantly Dad showed me a neat trick with olives.


We even had pumpkin pie for dessert. Yum.

On Monday we went wine tasting. I should point out that wine tasting when your not even three yet does not actually involve a lot of wine, but the adults seemed to enjoy it. Most of the time I kept Grandma busy outside while everyone else tasted the wine inside. I guess the wine tasting must have been good because Mom and Dad didn't take a lot of photos. But here's one of me with Dad and Grandma.


The next day we flew home. What a long trip, but it was so nice to see everybody.

This week has been kind of quiet. Mom went to Canada for a scientific meeting and I hung out with Dad at home. It has been rainy so a lot of that time has been spent playing legos. Although.. I did managed to get to the zoo today for a couple hours.

No comments: