Tuesday, November 04, 2008

POLKA!!!!

Hello friends, we've been on vacation! We have had so much fun, that I think I will have to fill you in in installments. Before we left, we had to carve our pumpkins so we had a small pumpkin carving fiesta with Joaquin and Alice (and Ray, Val and Robyn... of course). I designed one of our pumpkins myself, and helped Daddy clean out all of them... we had a nice evening spending time with everyone and getting jazzed on Robyn's excellent gingerbread. It's officially fall... the leaves are all fiery colors carpeting the sidewalks and yards in pretty round circles on the ground.Our great excursion started with a trip to Michigan to witness Katie and Adam's wedding! We hopped a bus, train, plane and finally a van to get up to Bad Ax and Ubly in the thumb of Michigan. We met up with Grandma Terri, Grandpa Tom, Uncle Ryan, Great Grandpa Em, Great Auntie Ann, Jay, Sam, Katie and Adam and his whole family for the rehearsal dinner.... really just a chance to let me run around a bit after sitting down all day long! The next day, we had a nice breakfast with everyone before getting all gussied up and headed over to the church. It was a beautiful wedding. I love going to church and it was so much fun to flirt with all of the pretty ladies all dressed up. Katie looked radiant and Adam was so handsome... and they both looked just perfectly happy. We went back to the hotel for a few hours to "nap" and hang out in G'Auntie Ann's room with lots of fun family friends. I finally fell asleep in the van on the way to the reception dinner. They had to wake me up for a family picture, which took me a while to recover from, but when I did (and after a few m-n-ms and pie for dinner oh yeah, and that trip to the chocolate fountain with Grandma)... woah nellie... I started dancing, and didn't exactly stop for over 3 hours! My style goes pretty well with the polka, but fits a little better with some hip-hop. The polka was the theme of the evening. We have never seen such a collection of impressive, coordinated, fast, flinging, kicking and graceful polka dancers. (The dance floor was actally packed, most are invisible blurrs) ..They were fantastic, and a little intimidating (well, for the folks, I dove right in... and had to repeatedly be pulled to the sidelines for fear of getting sucked into the whirlwind of the pros). There were loads of kids and pretty ladies to keep me busy, and we kept the adults thoroughly entertained between polka sets with our antics. Way past my bedtime, they had to peel me off the dance floor and we bid farewell to the newlyweds and headed home.
video
video
You would have thought I would have been exhausted, but I stayed up another hour after we finally returned to the hotel.... so much for wearing me out.
The next day, the rest of us went back to Great-Grandpa's house to relax for the afternoon. I enjoyed spending some time with Auntie Ann, Jay and Sam. They were all so nice about playing with me. They had to head back to their homes that afternoon, but we enjoyed a nice dinner and a nice brunch the next day with Great-Grandpa Em, Grandma Terri, Grandpa Tom and Uncle Ryan. I love hanging out with family. We had a nice time, I got to play with a cool ball that I was quite attached to. Uncle Ryan, Mom and I enjoyed a short walk, where we spied a few cool wasp nests and lots of sticks. Great Grandpa and I learned how to work Grandma Terri's itouch... I am a natural... Elmo and pics of the family (and me) make it easy for me to focus. We spent such a nice few days together.

No comments: