Sunday, February 15, 2009

Why?

I'm bigger than this squid....
Happy Valentine's Day folks! I hope you all had a great day filled with love, kisses and um... scones! Why?
That's what we had for breakfast... yummy fresh scones with whipped cream and homemade jam. So tasty! Why?

'cause it's Valentine's day... that's why!

Why do I keep asking why? According to the folks, it's my most current and eye-rolling worthy stage. Sometimes I just pop out with Why? When nothing is going on... that's more philosophical though. Mostly it's useful as punctuation for other people's sentences... and it gets folks to just keep on talk to me. Mom says it was cute at first... well, I think it still is, seems I can stretch this stage out for a while.

Why?

Why not!
Well, other than scones, it was a pretty quiet Valentines. I made Mom and Dad some cool cards in school, we had a good breakfast, the folks gave me the above cute chicken valentine, some cute socks and a neat backhoe cup. We then headed over to Costco to replace some of Dad's pants, and spent most of the afternoon being homebodies. We played lots of leggos and read "Hug Time" a super cute book from Grandma Terri and Grandpa Tom. My new dog got a lot of play time too... You can't tell from the still picture, but he plays the guitar, dances and his ears flip up and down... all to the tune of "I Feel Good!". I love it, it gets played a dozen times a day! I've developed a cough so the folks are hesitant to take me anywhere too exciting. However, thank goodness Cat, Chris and Tbug called and dragged us out of the house. We went for a great hike around Oaks Bottom, it was a nice evening and there were even a few birds out and about. Cat's really good at figuring out who they all are. We finished up our hike with some fun time at the playground. In fact we stayed a little late and it got dark on us. When we finally parted ways Mom and Dad got around to dinner. Mom has been hankering for some seafood so Daddy fried us up some calamari. So yummy! For a fella for whom each bite is a fight these days at dinner time, I ate up the squid... the tentacles were my favorite. I think it was because of my "I'm the Biggest Thing in the Ocean" book. The Squid was the biggest thing in my tummy!

Today was mellow again, I think the folks are just trying to get me over the cough (so they can sleep better at night!). Other than playing at home, we headed out for a movie at the Kennedy School. It was so much fun... I am really good at watching movies. I had an arm wrapped around my popcorn and steadily fed myself the good stuff through the whole thing. Then put the bucket on my head... then on my foot... Luckily it's a theater that is sort of geared to families so no one blinked at my antics. We saw Bolt again, I thought it was so good that the second we stepped out of the theater, I asked to see it again (though fair warning for my younger friends, you may want to be sitting on Dad's lap for the beginning, it's action packed). It was Mom and Dad's first time, and they liked it too.
Otherwise, this week swim lessons started up again. This time it's me, three girls and the teacher. Daddy doesn't have to get in the water and I get the opportunity to try and escape from the teacher! Okay I only did that once... otherwise I"ve been practicing my floating, monkey crawl on the wall, and my kicks! I l-o-v-e it!

No comments: