Thursday, March 26, 2009

California Sun

"Hi! ..... How are ya?.... What's your last name?" This is how I have been starting my conversations with folks. Seems I just can't remember folks' last name, and need to be constantly reminded.
We took the long drive down to California this week, and was able to spend loads of time with family and friends! On our way down, we stopped at Mom and Dad's favorite Mexican joint... La Favorita Taqueria in Sacramento. Mom got a BIG seafood cocktail, under the peer pressure of all of the people in the taqueria that had a huge margarita glass of goodness in front of them when we walked in. We met up with our good pals Jim, Levi, Naoaki and Ashley. It was so good to see them! We arrived safe and sound that evening, and had some good running around time with Uncle Ryan, Grandma Terri and Grandpa Tom. The next morning we headed to Tulare to spend some time with Great-Grandma Mary, Great-Uncles Steve, Andy and Geary, G'Auntie Jun, Eric and Sara! We had a fun brunch at Apple Annies, and Grandma Terri and Great-Grandma had cane races out of the restaurant. Grandma gave G'Grandma some tips for a stable walk. I also enjoyed Great-Grandma's huge living room and back-yard for lots of running running running. I napped a bit in the car on the way home and after a bit, Susan and Nolan came over for some good play time. I like playing with Nolan, we had fun with play-doh and some outside time with trucks! I visited briefly with the VanVolkinburgs and then we had a great dinner with Auntie Donna, Uncle John and Jenna! It was great... I got hot-dogs, which remain a favorite (and Grandma Terri always remembers!). Pshew! I had sooo much fun visiting with everyone. It was AWESOME! Monday was a bit quieter. There was a good morning of playing in the SUNSHINE! It was great! I even got to pick an orange and lemon from Grandpa's trees out front. For Lunch we met up with Auntie Becky and Auntie Susan for lunch and we all got to meet baby Noah! I think he got a little bit-o-lovin'. I helped him open a present and even though he was playing at sleeping, I think he liked it okay, I made sure it stayed within reach for him! Mom, Dad and Uncle Ry got to go out to the movies for the evening and I was really good for Grandma Terri and Grandpa Tom. Sunday was spent outside... almost all day long! We spent the afternoon at Woodward park, where I got to test out my climbing skills on the climbing wall. I was doing soooo good. I made it to the top several times. We spent the rest of the time on the rest of the play equiptment, running with Uncle Ryan in the fields and looking at the ducks and geese. I even found an egg! We stopped for a snack then headed home to prep for Grandpa Tom's birthday dinner! Well, most of the time I played outside with Uncle Ryan, digging a hole, a deep, perfect hole. After Grandpa came home we played tennis, though I thought it was a little tough. I was finally coaxed inside to help decorate Grandpa's cake. It was beautiful, and yummy! I think Grandpa had a nice dinner and we all enjoyed everything!We had a super great trip, thanks everyone! Our drive home wasn't too eventful, we had a good stop at the Olive Pit, but I slept so much we only made a few quick stops, so got home in good time!

1 comment:

Rebecca Jackson said...

It was SO good to see you guys! After he woke up from his nap, Noah told me how much he loves his fox. Thank you!