Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring for real!

Although we still have a few grey days during the week, the sun was really out in force this weekend. Daddy was out of town for the week, which would explain the grey, but Mom and I did great. The week was vastly helped by a few evening excursions; one to see Val, Ray and Joaquin and to enjoy some wonderful lasagna and Joaquin's new sandbox, the other to Laughing Planet to spend some quality time with Cat, Chris and Benjamin. We also had a treat from Grandma Terri, this awesome vest, that I wore the next three days after I got it (it's in the wash now). Forgive the weird expression, I LOVE it! It's perfect for Portland springtime. Even though we had a great week, I was so happy to see Daddy home on Saturday! Actually he snuck in and said goodnight when I woke up late Friday night. This weekend we got to enjoy some really amazing weather, which really meant loads of outside time. We all had a nice family farmer's market morning on Saturday, followed by a few errands, then doing yard work. "Work" for me means digging holes and looking for worms for the chickens. This morning we headed out to the tulip festival. It was a perfect morning, and I think heading out first thing saved us the big crowds we saw as we were leaving. A great day for taking beautiful sunshine and color pictures (as you can tell this week :)! In addition to the flowers, for which I'll admit my patience was fairly limited, but they had all sorts of fun other activities, like playing on a hay tower (probably my favorite), duck races and tire swings. Really, lots of fun for the folks and for me! After a nice afternoon spending more time working in the yard and around the house, we enjoyed a spring kick-off cook-out with Dan, Robyn, Alice, Ray, Val, Joaquin, Cat and Benjamin. Actually in the end it was TOO SUNNY to really stick it out on the deck and we ate inside, but we spent a lot of time feeding the chickens, blowing bubbles and playing with squirters outside before dinner. Afterwards, we played in my room and had a great time playing together. We actually fit 3 of us on a yoga ball... most impressive. It was a blast. You could tell we were adequately tired out when Joaquin Alice and I started "playing" nap time. We're hoping this amazing weather will hold on for a while, but spring is definitely here, the dogwoods are blooming, the flowers are out, beautiful!

1 comment:

Rebecca Jackson said...

Stunning pictures!!!