Sunday, July 26, 2009

Friends from Chicago!

The Fish meeting is in town this week, which means for us a sweet opportunity to spent some quality time with Leo, Katie, Milo and Betsy who came all the way out from Chicago! Mom can't believe that it has been 5 years and three and 7/9th kids since they have spent any time together. Well, just to back up a touch... before meeting them on Friday, I spent some time with Sophia, who I had been missing. In lieu of painting a mural, we spent most of the time painting ourselves (then smashing ourselves on the mural)! Mom forgot the camera, but grabbed it before showering me off... I had a great time and need to spend some more time with them. Anyhow, after a very quick shower, we headed downtown to Kenny and Zukes to meet up with our friends and Daddy for lunch. I downed the hotdog in record time (for me) and got comfortable with our friends. By the time lunch was over Milo and I were good pals. Daddy had to get back to work after lunch, so the rest of us headed over to enjoy the sunshine at Jameson Park. We had an awesome time cooling off in the water, running, splashing, for a really long time. The grown-ups finally were getting a little hot just watching us run about, so we took off looking for a cool drink and a walk. Milo and I had a great time playing in the coffee shop and I loved the dueling iphone movies. Such a nice and fun afternoon enjoying Portland sunshine and good friends. We walked all over town and I was beat . Daddy left that night for another trip to NY to visit with Grandma and Grandpa Steves... and for a work meeting, so it has been just Mom and me for the rest of the weekend, really super great that the Smiths were in town to break things up for me. Although Leo had to work on Saturday, Mom and I met Betsy (who I LOVE), Milo (who I SMUSH) and Katie at the Farmer's Market. It was a crazy busy day at the market, probably because it is primo berry season and beautiful morning weather (heating up increasingly in the afternoons). We had a great time running around and eating a few snacks, of course, along the way. I headed home and actually took an awesome nap. Spent the afternoon running errands with Mom, and just keeping busy. This morning, I woke Mom up a little earlier than she probably would have liked, but it gave us the opportunity to get all of our baking in for the week while it was still cool out. We made Lasagna and bread. Alas, we got a call a little later that Alice is spending her birthday recovering from a stomach bug rather than with the planned party. We hope she is feeling up to par by now... I know those things are no fun. To beat the heat, Mom and I headed to Ikea before ... you guessed it... going to find the Smith Clan for an early dinner. I was so happy to see them again, that I was a bit of a super goof for most of dinner, but it was a nice opportunity to spend some more time with them and to bit them farewell. We feel so lucky to have had such a wonderful visit with great friends! Thanks guys!

No comments: