Sunday, February 14, 2010

Gung Hay Fat Choy!



Happy Chinese New Year! Happy Valentine's Day! I hope everyone is welcoming the year of the Tiger with people they love!


I know we did.

Grandma Terri came up for a visit this week! We have been having a great weekend with her...

lots of mellow cuddle time at home as well as some great fun out and about in Portland! Owen and I (and Mom) picked her up from the airport Thursday night. I was a little wary... it had been weeks since we had seen her last, but as soon as I figured out who would be cuddling me, making me laugh and finding my binky for me... I brightened right up when I would see her! Friday we did a little bit of shopping, Owen got some awesome shoes!

I had a great time cruising around the mall and grocery store, I love my new (to us ... Thanks Linda!) stroller! It has been nice to hang out with Grandma, we have such a lovely time when she is hereOwen has really started cracking me up... I can laugh and laugh and laugh at him more than any body else. I am also totally into Scooter and just track him whenever he is moving around in my line of sight. Saturday we started the day off right with some great cinnamon bread. We then headed over to the Yard and Garden Show. Owen got to do a load of playing... it was better than the park, or about anywhere else we could have planned to go for him. He got his face painted like a SNOW LEOPARD! It was soo awesome. After playing on a jungle gym for a long time, he headed over to the boyscouts who helped him explore some tents and camping gear as well as cross this scary rope bridge. But snow leopards are not scared. He also got some girlscout cookies and loads of compliments on his face. He and Grandma finished up play time with a big ol' hotdog. We had a nice time wandering the rest of the show... Mom got more blueberry bushes and some seeds... we are dreaming of spring.

We headed home to work on a great dinner of shortribs! Yum, well, so Owen said... he at as much as the grown-ups! Today we had a quiet morning, enjoying popovers, Valentines day treats, and playing at home. Even though it was quiet, everyone headed down for a nap after lunch. I was exhausted. We woke up and headed out to the Chinese Garden to get a little bit of celebrating in with the rest of Portland!

It was pretty busy, but we didn't have to wait too long to enjoy the Lion dances,

Dragon procession,

awesome scenery in the garden

as well as all of the cool displays they had out for New Years.

Owen made a mask and got to see some of the lions up close, which I can't say that he really appreciated. I thought they were pretty cool though.

He prefers to view from a distance.

The weather held for the most part. Owen and I got our Chinese names written by a calligrapher. I need to send a great big Thank You to Great-Uncle Stephen, Great-Grandma Mary, Sam and John for coming together to pick my Chinese name... 麗 姫 or Li ji it means pretty girl.

This is Owen's Chinese name... 豪 文 Ho wen...

they both turned out cool. We finished up our fun New Years celebration with dinner at the Good Taste Chinese Restaurant down the street, all the big people ate too much, yet somehow managed to save a little bit of room for dessert at home... there's always room for peach pie right! We have had an awesome weekend with Grandma Terri, she gets to stay and cuddle me until tomorrow afternoon, so we still have a bit more play time with her. Sharing love with all of my family and friends! xoxoxoxoxo Grace





2 comments:

Noah Stone Jackson said...

Gung Hay Fat Choy! Love the tiger face and the cool picts too! Looks like quite a bit of fun!

Tammi said...

Too stinking cute Amy! Owen's Snow Leopard face is priceless. Grady will love it. Also, dig the polaroid shots. Isn't it a fun application? Take care friend.