Sunday, March 28, 2010

Birthday Buds


Well, we had one more day in Fresno with Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Ry. We headed to Tulare to visit Great Grandma Mary.
Great-Grandma and I still got along famously and made each other smile so much!
Owen couldn't stay inside on such a beautiful day so spent much of his visit hoe-ing up Great-Grandma's weeds, relocating her slugs and playing with Uncle Ry
and Remy.

We got a great pic of four generations of Gong gals, played a bit with Uncle Andy and headed to lunch with all of my Great-Uncles and Auntie Jun, Eric and Sarah came over too! I did nap a bit, but everyone else had a really nice time catching up. After we got home, Grandma Terri and Owen made an awesome robot ... Buddy... out of all of her cool boxes and tubes!
He is so cool. Next time we go for a visit, they will make hair and feet... Owen has big plans and is saving all sorts of "hair".
After a wonderful and fun visit (thank you Grandma and Grandpa!), we had to head home. Not a bad trip all in all, though I lost patience the last four hours or so and needed a lot of attention. We had a nice stop in Ashland though, Scooter enjoyed the sunshine and loads of puppy love outside while we had a nice lunch at the Standing Stone Brewery.
Dad is working on some homebrew right now, so any chance to visit a brewery makes his day. We had a pretty quiet week otherwise. Mom was busy getting ready for spring quarter, we otherwise enjoyed some nice sunny days before the rain came back...
all of our bulbs that everyone planted the week I was born were popping up and in bloom! Sure is pretty out!
It was Grandpa Tom's birthday on Thursday so Owen and I wrote him a secret message in invisible ink and sang happy birthday to him! Happy Birthday Grandpa... thanks for a great visit! We Love you! The definite highlight this weekend was our good pal Joaquin's Birthday!
Owen and the big kids had a fantastic time eating a lot of cupcakes,
playing outside and enjoying the party!
There was loads of parachute fun
, slides and silliness.
Joaquin is a big 3 now! We had a wonderful day! Spent the rest of it lounging with Mom on the lawn watching Owen and Daddy put in a Chicken Run. We're going to try to protect some of our veggie garden this year, plus it was just so nice to be outside. Today was quiet, hanging with Daddy and Owen while Mom worked a bit.
Happy Spring everyone! OH... I should mention that to hop on the birthday ban-wagon... I am six-months old now! Woo Hoo! Six-months is very good... I can sit, smile, laugh, squeal, move things back and forth and most noticeable as of late is my need to get to things. I need paper, dinner plates, pokey-things, food, the dog, chickens and other elicit items. I don't know why I get left out...everyone else gets all these things. Makes me crazy (and cranky). I can't wait to get a little bigger, I hear food is in my future :) Happy Spring everyone!

2 comments:

Rebecca Jackson said...

It was so nice to see you last weekend. You truly are gettin' to be a big girl! Tell your Mommy good luck with her classes.

Ryan said...

Love the composition on the last photo.