Sunday, April 04, 2010

In your easter bonnet....


Happy Easter everyone! Its been a fun week, we've tried some new things, hunkered down in the rainy weather, and had some fun easter shenanigans.
So... Grace went to the Dr. this week, she weighs 17.8 lbs and is 27.5" which makes her on the tall side and very healthy!
To celebrate we tried some food for her! Hmm, not a huge fan so far of carrots, rice cereal or bananas. It all came right back out with a pretty unfavorable face... the spoon was pretty exciting though! We'll keep working on it though. Friday I got to hang with Mom and Grace at home... we had a pretty mellow day and a fun treat in the evening... Joaquin and Val came over to dye eggs and for dinner. Joaquin and I had a blast hanging out and playing playing playing and the grown-ups and Grace thought it was nice to chill over a great burrito dinner and tackling the eggs. Saturday we hit the Farmer's market for the first time this year! It was rainy and cold, but they moved things around so there were more vendors and more room for running around. We found Alice and Robyn with the key method of making a spectacle running around on the amphitheater until the folks you want to find... find you!Mom and Grace played inside a bit and Dad and I started to finish our chicken run. Pictures to follow soon, it turned kinda yucky (or yuckier) outside so we spent the rest of the afternoon playing leggos inside, I made a tall tall tall stack on the floor, used up every small duplo we had! Most impressive. Today is Easter! I woke up to hunt for my basket that the bunny hid for me and for grace. Got some awesome shirts, bath bubbles and chocolate treats! We headed for church... during the service I found a half-dozen eggs that the kids didn't find during the hunt yesterday (that we missed... I made up for it!). Afterwards, we headed over to Alice's house for a proper Easter Brunch (with Music from T) nd fully sanctioned easter egg hunt! I was thrilled but careful to only get the eggs that were tricky to find! There was a lot of competition, but I was v. good about making sure everyone got a chance (not that most of them needed any extra help!)! I ended up with all sorts of cool eggs. We had a quiet afternoon, taking a few pictures of grace in her cute outfit that Grandma Steves made for her! It was just perfect for Easter... a bonnet and everything! I hope you all had a beautiful sweet weekend. I will be trying to come down off of my fun and chocolate high to get to sleep... I'm going full blast! In this season of hope and beauty, we have had some sad news. My great-great Uncle Henry passed away this week. He was an enthusiastic and cheerful great-Uncle to Mom; they traveled to China together and he always picked the best pommelos from his tree for her (often at great risk on a teetering ladder or with a flailing large stick).

1 comment:

Rebecca Jackson said...

Owen,
Noah thinks your Lego tower {on the ground} is super cool. Tell Grace that her Easter outfit is quite beautiful. So glad you found so many eggs and that the Easter Bunny was good to you.