Sunday, October 10, 2010

Autumn leaves are falling down


"Autumn leaves are falling down....falling down....falling down"

That's my new song and it's sounds a bit like some other song about a bridge but I haven't worked out all the lyrics yet, so that's all I've got.



Friday was a beautiful autumn day in Portland. Gracie and I spent a good portion of the day outside in the back yard enjoying the weather and playing with the freshly fallen maple leaves.




Later on Friday we went to an apple tasting festival at the Portland Nursery. We tasted and bought a lot of apples and apple cider. I really enjoyed all the crafts set up for kids like the pumpkin painting station.


We met up with Joaquin and his family at the apple festival and I gave him a few pointers about hula-hooping.



On Saturday we went to a party at Vanessa and Dave's. I thought for sure it must have been someone's birthday or least a holiday, but it seems adults have parties for no other reason than to get together with friends. It was mostly adults, but eventually some other kids came.


Luckily my buddy Joaquin was there and we played a bit together outside and down in the basement/play room. Mostly we just played with baby Liam's stuff and read his books.

We had a quiet Sunday at home. A while back I showed Gracie how to eat a banana "monkey style" and she seems to really have the hang of it now.


It rained all day so I mostly played inside with my legos. But we did make some have some fun making sugar skulls for "Dios de la Muertos" which is a Mexican holiday right after Halloween.


Once the sugar skulls dry we'll decorate them with paint and glitter and I'll try to remember to post photos of the finished skulls.

Happy autumn everyone, and happy birthday to my family/friends James, Tyler and Kellen!

No comments: