Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Countdown




T: -5 days until Christmas! After a long ride the day before, we arrived at Grandma Terri and Grandpa Tom's house! I did really well, totally chill the whole ride, though Grace has a shorter attention span for really long car rides. However, she did do really well eating a real meal... about half of Dad's burrito at La Favorita in Sac.
Friends!
A visit with my dear friends Becky, KC, Noah, Diane, Jeff, Ben and Tyler!
A yummy lunch of Grandpa's Chili that Grace ate too! (A shocker after weeks of a yogurt and babyfood diet). We had a great time hanging out,
playing and starting our Christmas festivities.
T: -4 days
hanging with the Grandfolks, visit to Grandpa to get my teeth cleaned,
My favorite, and special request to make Rice Crispy treats (with butterscotch... mmmm). We headed down to Tulare for lunch with Great-Grandma Mary.
Lunch at the restaurant did not go smoothly for either me or G. but everyone got their manners back a little bit when we spent some time hanging out at her house relaxing.
Grace continued to amaze by eating spaghetti and meatballs.
Zoe was really hoping for leftovers... G. did not oblige.

T: -3 days
Baking and decorating cookies with Grandma!
I made some pretty amazing cookies with just a bit of sprinkles on them.
We had a few small dance parties,
and finished up with a great dinner out to Eureka burger... YUM!
T: -2 days! Lunch with more friends!
I got to play with Nolan and Ben again, this time at Me-n-Eds.
A last moment decision that proved to be a good one since we had a lot of space to play.
The grown-ups actually had a bit of time
to chat and catch-up!
After a great lunch, Grace took a nap and Dad took me to Cole for some outside play-time.
Uncle Ry arrived late the night before,
so we finally got to play with him!
We ended our day with an amazing Chili Crab / Garlic noodle dinner
courtesy of myself, Dad, and Grandpa.
T: -1 day
'twas the night before Christmas!
Now when we come to Fresno,
we have some honored traditions.
Fun!
Actually, I woke up kinda disappointed, I thought that THIS day was Christmas, and I was very excited to wake-up to see what Santa left THEN get to go out an pick Lemons for grandpa's Norwegian pancakes. Alas, I was a day-off (though I still blame the Grown-ups) First off we spent most of the day playing and resting-up as best possible for a big evening.
We started off with our neighbors, the Mochizukis,
it was fun to catch-up with Beth, Bryan,
Bill and Debbie.
I took some pretty good pictures of everyone.
Then we headed to dinner at Auntie Donna, Uncle John and Jenna's house.
She always puts on an amazing party,

even Santa shows up!
I had a really great time playing with Mika, Jenna's dog,
who let me carry her all around the party.
Second to the great company,
was the great cooking...
Grace and I especially loved the profiteroles and the ice-cream cake

No comments: