Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year! Although we live in the Pacific Northwest we celebrate New Year's Day with a southern tradition of eating black eyed peas. This years version with kale was especially tasty.




Things have been pretty quite at home this past week compared to Christmas. For the most part Grace and I have been playing with our new toys. Grace has been really generous hosting her tea parties and has often invited me to join her.




I've also been doing quite a bit of art with Grace. She's gotten really good at using crayons and we've been working on a few larger pieces of paper on the kitchen floor.

Friday night was New Year's Eve and we celebrated by having nachos and watching a movie. Dad even tried out the new popcorn popper Grandma and Grandpa Steves sent us for Christmas. It was perfect movie watching popcorn.



Grace was a bit skeptical of nachos for dinner but once she realized it was mostly guacamole and beans she was pretty excited.

I think 2011 is going to be great year. Oh yeah, and my fifth birthday is coming up this week, I can't wait.


No comments: