Monday, July 25, 2011

Graduation!!

Not only was this my last week and last day of Pre-K, but also my last day at Market street after four years of care, concerned, helpful, fun teachers, friends, I was married (and feel held to it still... Miss you Hannah)... wow.
To celebrate we made smoothies and all of my pals wrote things about me on a poster and Mr. Nicholas read them off to me. Hmmm, I most of them started with I like Owen because he is silly.... what on earth could they be talking about? I will miss my friends at Market Street, but I am sure that I will visit them regularly. I am now seriously getting geared up for Kindergarten! Wait, not before we work-in just a bit of summer fun. What better way to celebrate summer than with even more berries. Mom took us out to smith Berry barn again for some berry goodness. For just being the three of us, we actually picked a lot of blueberries, blackberries and raspberries! Spent some time checkin out the chickens and finally ice-cream. Love ice-cream. Spent much of the rest of the day just cleaning house and getting excited about the most dreamed of moment ... the day they close down the street for our block party! Yay! Playing in the street! We had a blast, I painted musical sticks, got tattooed (grace got both a tattoo and face paint), bubbles (BUBBLES! I think Grace was there most of the afternoon), snail races, paper airplane tosses, the works! It was pretty awesome. I even kinda proved that I could ride my bike on my own... until I realized Dad wasn't holding on, but at least I came to a controlled stop (I guess all of those days practicing stopping have paid off). We also got our first egg from our new chicks... 5-toes! Go girl! In spite of an awesome afternoon, we left the block party a little early so we could hit the road. Yep, an actual vacation! Can you believe it... best of all, an actual vacation with pals! I'll give you a hint: if you go back a few years, you'll see familiar faces and places! We had a long drive but it was so worth it to have a most wonderful afternoon playing with our friends! Thank you Suzanne, Keith! Awesome to meet you baby Nate and HELLO FRIENDS! We had a lovely afternoon, visiting with our ol' pals James, Lilli, David, Randall, Kristen and the Stach. clan! So amazing to see everyone again. We will be spending the rest of the week with James, Lilli and co. at beautiful treehouse. There will be more soon! Ahhh... summer time.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, fun vacation/reunion! Have a great time =D

Rebecca Jackson said...

Happy Graduation Owen!!! So excited that you'll be starting kindergarten soon. Hope you have a great vacation and I can't wait to hear all about the tree house.