Sunday, September 25, 2011

Grace is 2!




Happy Birthday Grace!  We had such a great week celebrating Grace's birthday!

She got a lot of cake and all sorts of great presents

 from wonderful family and friends!

The Tulare crew even sent some pretty awesome treasures for me too!

 I can't believe she is 2 already, this summer she has gotten pretty tall, she keeps adding more words to her vocabulary, but has no problem communicating!

She loves purses and grown-up high-heels (though rarely gets to try them on around here),

she is fickle (her favorite answer is Yes..No...Yes... No...Yes..No... Yes... no way.).  She can count to 2 and is working on her colors.

 Favorite foods?  Hummus and guac with a spoon, frozen peas, but she did eat several pieces of Pizza this past week, we were all impressed.  I made G. a new pillowcase!

Again, picked out the fabric, sewed it up, ironed it, the works all myself 'cause I thought G would really like it.   I had a rough Thursday, in fact, the folks got a call from the teacher 'cause I poked a kid with my pencil and was having a hard time keeping my hands to myself... not good, so I'm working really hard at remembering all of the rules and had a much better time on Friday.

Grace had a great morning hanging out with a new friend Liam, they played super great together and had a fantastic morning.  The fun didn't stop there though, Friday afternoon, when I was expecting Mom to pick me up... she arrived with Grandma Terri and Grandpa Tom!  It was so wonderful to see them!  I love it when they visit!  They let Mom and Dad go out for a dinner together while we got to order Pizza and have a super fun night.

Saturday was Grace's birthday party!
 
We had loads of sidewalk chalk and

sidewalk paint out front


and a tea-party out back.




It was a beautiful end-of-summer day


with great weather and
 

even better friends to share it with.



We finished off a big party day with a lovely dinner on the deck under a beautiful pre-stormy sky.

Today was also pretty cool, we headed over to Ikea to get G. a big-girl-bed.  It is pretty great, a bed, trundle and with drawers underneath.

We said farewell to Grandma and Grandpa that afternoon and headed home.  Spent much of the afternoon assembling the bed (and playing in all of the wrapping).  
All in all, a fantastic weekend, we loved spending time with the Grandfolks and seeing our friends.  What a great way to usher in G's second year and to celebrate the end of summer!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Happy birthday to Grace!