Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!


 Grace and I celebrated Valentines day in style... with some new glasses and disguises from the folks :).  Now, if only the Sun would stay out so we could use the glasses!  Otherwise, celebrating at school is awesome!  Big party, loads of valentines from all of my friends, and candy of course, to sweeten the day even more!
 We have been playing a lot of bananagrams with Grace... she is getting pretty darned good at her letters, she does best if she can think of a person associated with the letter... so all of her friends at school and and family have helped her learn her letters... thanks!  She loves to tell people what letter their names start with, and approaches it like it is big big news!
 Mom and Grace had a nice leisurely Friday together, playing at home in the morning and running errands in the afternoon.  They didn't have to zoom back from anywhere to pick me up because I was gung-ho to have Dad bike to school so we could ride home together.  Mom had mixed feelings 'cause she likes our afternoons together, but apparently she "always comes in the middle of fun things" at the Y, so she let it go.
Saturday morning we met up with our sweet baby friend Elsa and her folks for some dim sum.
 
 and stayed long enough to see the Lion Dance at the restaurant.  I LOVE the lettuce bits.  Poor Grace though remains NOT a fan of the lion dance and hid out in the car the whole time with Dad.
With the promise of even more dances (for me) and arts and crafts for Grace, we headed over to the Lan Su Chinese Garden.  They do a pretty amazing program for New Years

 and the garden is even more lovely with all of the lanterns and decorations.
 We made some impressively spinny snakes that are still amusing us.


 There were tons of coy and other fish happily schooling about which was pretty cool too.
 We also experienced the Chinese school's yo-yo club, they were pretty cool.  Tons of tricks and tosses and only two of the yo-yos into the lake.
 I even got a little lesson afterwards, and was so excited that the folks came home with a chinese yoyo for me (and dad, and Mom) to work on.
 It is a lot harder without the expert helping me out, and even though Mom is certain they are all pretty much the same, I am certain that the special black yoyo just worked a lot better than our pink version.
 I spent much of the rest of the afternoon excavating my Sharks teeth, thanks James!  I now have one fantastic necklace and one in the wings waiting to be made.
 Today, I made a bug-house.  It took quite a bit of time and a lot of sticks, but I think the bugs will love it.
 We spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying Ted's 4th birthday and playing in Mt Scott park with bears, bubbles and bikes.
 In general a pretty fun teddy bear picnic party.
The rest of the evening was spent making a huge batch of Won-tons to keep us in easy dinners for a while.  Grace and I can decimate the won-tons.

No comments: