Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day Weekend

We had a fun weekend celebrating Mother's Day with the world's best mom...our Mom.   On Saturday we started the morning with crepes that I mostly made myself.  Dad watched and helped a little, but I did all the measuring, mixing and most of the cooking.


After breakfast Dad took us all to a new beach that we haven't been to before.  It's a beach really close to where Dad and I went clamming a couple weeks ago.   We even stopped at a restaurant that Dad heard about while we were clamming to grab lunch for the beach.


The weather at the beach on Saturday was really nice for May in Oregon.  It was really sunny and in the 70's.

Grace and I spent some time in digging in the sand.  I even managed to make a bed of sorts next to a drift wood log.


The tide was coming in, but I managed to still find some exposed rocks to investigate and jump off of.

Meanwhile Grace played in the really wet sand near a trickle of a stream that crossed the beach.


At the end of the beach was a cliff and at the base of the cliff was a cave.  Mom and I explored the cave and found out that it went all the way through the cliff to the other side.


On the other side was a nice little beach with lots of driftwood.   I think the only way you could get to that beach was through the tunnel cave.


On the way back home we stopped at the Tillamook Cheese Factory for some ice cream.   Grace and I checked out the cheese bus.


We did some gardening on Sunday.  It's been unusually sunny and warm here the past two weeks and the strawberry plant I planted in my garden box already has a strawberry that is almost ready to eat.

Mom and Dad tried to get Grace and to pose with Mom for a mother's day photo.  We don't really like to sit for pictures so this is the best Dad could get of us.  It was more fun to pretend Mom was a rabbit.   Happy Mother's Day Mom!!

No comments: