Sunday, October 05, 2014

Changing seasons

 So the chicks and I are getting along famously.  They are attached to each-other, I love it when I pick up Jo-Jo (black chick) and then Sparkles, who is a lot harder to catch will fly right at me and inevitably land on my chest.  It's quite the trick.
 Grandma Terri came out for a visit, it was so wonderful to see her, it had been a little too long and we were happy to spend some time with her.  She actually has already made both of us our costumes for Halloween, and they are surpurb, although you may have to wait for the reveal. Grandma started her visit at my WuShu practice and she thinks I have improved greatly! I do love it when people watch me,, I think its motivational.  Grace was excited to have her see her ballet practice.  It was extra special because the little kids got to go in to see the big kids go on pointe for the first time, it looks pretty tough!  After practice she spent some time getting extra energy out with her classmates running up and down the walk.
 While Mom and Grace got to hang out with Grandma while I was in school, they did all sorts of errands (fabric store visit) that cumulated in G's first visit to the nail salon.  Both she and Mom got awesome blue manicures, and Grace got special flowers on hers too.
We all rounded up a big day together  with yummy dinner at Son of a Biscuit,
 a new and delish fried chicken place.  Grace did fantastically well with the fried chicken, I devoured their giant biscuits.
We love it when Grandma comes to play
 She is great with all of our craft projects, baking and basically spoiling us for a few days.
 On Saturday, we went out for my birthday present from Joaquin, an archery lesson at trackers.
 It was pretty awesome!  We got to shoot for over an hour (could have been longer, but it is tough!)

 Mom was pretty proud of taking down the death star.
While Val took out a storm-trooper.  Joaquin and I also scored some awesome hits against the empire.
 Grace and Esme had a fun time playing at home while we were out.  G was inspired by her manicure and gave pretend manicures ... to Grandma, and every stuffed animal and doll that I have!  Val and Mom got one too when they got home!
 Grandma left Sat afternoon, and we have had a busy-ish day today... Dad took down his massive hop plants and brewed a fresh-hop IPA.  After running errands, and getting our chicks a bigger temporary coop, Mom took G and me to the Greek Festival where we noshed on loukomades (honey soaked fried balls of dough), picked up some amazing pasteries
 and watched some traditional dancing.  We do love the greek fest!

No comments: