Sunday, August 23, 2015


This week has been super long and super short all at once.  I think it is because school starts for me next week, so we have been trying to do a lot!  Both Grace and I did trackers this week.  She had her first week ever and totally loved it!  They found dragon eggs, made magic wands, held baby turkeys, turtles, snake, etc... she was in class with Esme and loved every moment!  I had a ball too, but have been much more closed mouthed about the adventures, though it did include a few battles with ogres.  Best of all we had a few more evenings with Grandma and Grandpa Steves!  
 We all enjoyed a really fantastic dinner at Country Cat.  They got to come to one of my WuShu classes, and I even have been leading the warm-ups, so I got to show off for them!
 Three-sectional staff has been a tough one, but I am finally getting the hard moves together!  It has been a lot of work, but is looking much better!
 We sent Grandma and Grandpa home on Tuesday... via plane this time for a quicker return trip.  It is always so nice to spend time with them.  Grace was so sad the next day and wrote them a nice note because she missed them so much!
 We brought our trackers buddies and partners in many adventures home on Wed and did some awesome tie-dye!  It has been on my summer bucket list, dovetailing with Mom's current obsession of dying with indigo.
 Val and Mom snuck in an hour or so of shibori before bringing us into a mix.  
 Since the tie-dye actually went pretty quickly, we had lots of time to play

 before letting the dye set in our shirts and enjoying the beautiful rainbows!
 Here is Grace's magic mark (on her leg... it is her water power) and her fairy catcher (stick with bells, yarn and flowers!
 Yesterday, the fires that are burning throughout the Northwest blew a bunch of smoke down through the gorge right into Portland.  It was a weird red sun and lots of haze all day.
 So this is what we do on warm days, with a broken AC in the house... we burrow into as many blankets and pillows as possible.  Mom almost couldn't bear to watch us.  Dad brilliantly escaped to the coast for a fishing trip with his friends.
 Mom, Grace and I took off early to do a community day at the school, where we spent a few hours pulling weeds, raking, and picking up all around campus!  This was followed by a pretty fun Kindergarten meet-up, so G. could potentially meet some new friends!
 However, although she said hi to a few kids, she mostly hung out with me on the play equipment.  I don't know if you can notice the smoke in these pictures.  Turned out it wasn't a great plan to spent the day working outside... it started out okay, but got steadily worse through the morning so we finally headed home to stick to the inside.

After the day at the school, we had play-dates lined up.  Grace got two!  A slumber party with A from down the street, their first one, it went super well, though they stayed up way too late strategizing about methods of falling asleep, but not able to for all of the planning.  I got to celebrate my buddy Aidens' birthday at Wonderland and a playdate at his house, while Grace got her Pre-K buddy E. over for a wonderful afternoon of karaoke, tea and twister!
 As the air seems to be clearing up a bit (though G. still has a cough) we caught the culprit who is probably the one making a mess of the sunflowers all over the garden!  

No comments: